Re: Semantic Markup at (IT) companies - living examples

Hi Kingsley,

also thanks a lot for the "heads up" from your side ;)

I was also looking at your website ;). You did the "trick", e.g., by
introducing your own ontology to assign "vendors#hasVendor" or
"products#hasFamily". This is not bad at all in general, because
custom Semantic Markup is better then no Semantic Markup.
Nevertheless, this is not really the "schema.org way" at this moment
and I'm not sure how Goog et al. will interprete (and display) this
information at their search.

So what I would like to do is having a start/landing page that briefly
describes the company itself (by utilising appropriated Semantic
Markup) + building a knowledge graph by shortly mention their services
etc. + linking to the detail pages of those services (that include
more detailed descriptions about single services). Coming back to the
website of your company: when I parse your home/landing page with
Goog's Structured Data Testing Tool, then I can find a description of
your company (incl. "relatedLink"s). However no links to offers of
this organization/corporation in the "schema.org way", i.e.
"Corporation -> Offer -> Product", nor a "schema.org entity" (not
schemaorg:WebPage, but schemaorg:Product) description of the service
itself at the detail page (you also refer to entity description (in
somehow human and machine readable way) outside of your real website).
To conclude: yes, your company has a knowledge graph that describes
somehow your company incl. their (real) products and (broad) services.
Nevertheless, this is not always that "schema.org compatible", i.e.,
I'm not sure how the famous search engine vendors will interpret this
information.

tl;tr: I'm still looking for a living example of the "schema.org way"
for, e.g., Corporation -> Offer -> Product (Service) -> Technology ;)

Cheers,

Bo/T