Re: http://schema.org/CreativeWork: headline and name properties?

From: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:21:43 -0500
To: "Wallis,Richard" <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>
Cc: "<public-vocabs@w3.org>" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>wrote:

>  On 26 Jan 2014, at 08:06, Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net> wrote:
>
> * That said, the desire to disambiguate multi-type situations is
> effectively why schemabibex proposed PublicationVolume/volumeNumber instead
> of just relying on "name": given that one of our scenarios is the
> combination of Book + PublicationVolume, we needed a way to disambiguate
> the book title from the volume name.
>

>  I think this pragmatic use of Type specific [additional] naming
> properties in sub-types is a way forward. The headline property would
> probably sit better in the NewsArtice sub-type than at the generic
> CreativeWork level.

_If_ they stick around, then I agree that headline / alternateHeadline
should indeed get pushed down in the hierarchy... but given that we have
name/alternateName at the Thing level, I would *really* like to see a
concrete example of where a tertiary and quaternary level of specificity
are necessary. It seems like one primary name + (repeated, if necessary)
alternateName properties should be sufficient.

Publishers? *tap tap tap* Examples, please! :)