Re: Finalizing Reservation schemas for schema.org

It looks to me like the /trainReservation properties could also be
useful in a non-reservation situation, such as a general train schedule:

arrivalPlatform  Text  The platform where the train arrives.
arrivalStation  TrainStation  The station where the train trip ends.
arrivalTime  DateTime  The expected arrival time.
departurePlatform  Text  The platform from which the train departs.
departureStation  TrainStation  The station from which the train departs.
departureTime  DateTime  The expected departure time.
trainCompany  Organization  The organization that operates the train
(e.g. Deutsche Bahn (DB)).
trainName  Text  The name of the train (e.g. The Orient Express).
trainNumber  Text  The unique identifier for the train.

None of these are specific to reservations, AFAIK. Could this be
generalized to be something on the order of "train schedule
information"? If so, how would trainReservation then be structured?

kc

On 1/23/14, 12:38 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Many thanks to Vicki for working through all the fine-grained detail
> for finalizing the Reservation vocabulary, which was circulated here a
> while back. This version reflects all feedback, and in particular
> pulls several pieces of ticketing-related information into a dedicated
> Ticket type.
>
> Here's the RDFS:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/6910d4e4591a/schema.org/ext/Reservation.html
>
> Wiki: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/ReservationsSchema (not up to
> date, like much of wiki currently)
>
> A test build is here:
>
> http://sdo-wip2.appspot.com/Reservation
> http://sdo-wip2.appspot.com/Ticket etc.
>
> We consider this a candidate for including a version 1.0g of
> schema.org within the next few weeks, potentially alongside the QA
> schema (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Jan/0107.html).
> Feedback on either very much welcomed. The 1.0f draft is ready to go,
> so expect http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Jan/0118.html
> in the near future.
>
> cheers,

Karen Coyle