Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

I think Thad typifies the difference between the "regular web" and the
"social web" (and it is indeed an important one for marketers) well when he
says:

> The difference between the 2 is that one has the context of "allows a
communication pathway to an Organization or Person"...versus those that are
not constructed to really have communication to a Organization or Person".

Or - as I might have mentioned before - the "regular web" references
resources *about* an entity, whereas the social web references resources
that emanate *from* an entity.  In regard to the referenced entity the
former is passive, the latter active (or at least  potentially so) - it's
the difference between a third and person narrative.

Is the Wikipedia page *about *Monsanto in the same category as the Twitter
account run *by* Monsanto?  I sure don't think so, and I think that its
useful for data consumers to be able to distinguish between these two
classes of identifiers when returning information about the entity in
question.