Re: schema.org docs: minor issues for next update

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:22:34 +0000
To: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>, Sam Goto <goto@google.com>
Cc: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
+Cc: Sam

On 26 November 2013 19:26, Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net> wrote:
> I've reported these problems with the schema.org docs over the past few
> months, but they're still present in the latest 1.0d update. So I'll try
> to consolidate them and hopefully they can be dealt with in a single
> pass for 1.0e!

Thanks for your persistence!

> * http://schema.org/ItemAvailability - typo in "availablity":
>   "A list of possible product availablity options." should be   "A list of
> possible product availability options."

Will be fixed in 1.0e.

> * http://schema.org/citation - invalid note in docs. The
>   description says "NOTE: Candidate for promotion to ScholarlyArticle."
>   when in fact the property was promoted from ScholarlyArticle to
>   CreativeWork.

ditto.

>   The same problematic note appears in every inline description of
>   "citation" in CreativeWork and all of its children.

ditto.

> * http://www.schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html still has no encoding
>   declaration in the <head> element or HTTP header. This can cause
>   difficulties for parsers.

Adding <meta charset="UTF-8" /> to head.

> * "antagonym" still appears in the descriptions of
>   http://schema.org/AcceptAction and other actions. This is being
>   tracked at https://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/24 but
>   was missed in the 1.0d update.

Deferring until next Actions update. Sam - can you track this?

We have a 1.0e release about ready to go but waiting on some final
checks (and slowed down by US vacation). I've just added these tweaks.

Here's a test build (which includes Accessibility and Order):

http://sdopending.appspot.com/ItemAvailability
http://sdopending.appspot.com/CreativeWork
http://sdopending.appspot.com/citation

also http://sdopending.appspot.com/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html