W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2017

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-01-19

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:25:35 +0100
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>, Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <e681d6cc-8c16-09c2-acc1-9912835ae3ca@w3.org>
No, it was more of an informal discussion.
I can join now if needed.

thierry

Le 19/01/2017 à 17:21, Nigel Megitt a écrit :
> Ah, sorry about that. Are there notes?
>
> Nigel
>
> On 19/01/2017, 16:19, "Thierry MICHEL" <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> Nigel,
>> I wasn't aware of it. But it does say in your agenda ;-)
>>
>> Andreas, Pierre and Pierre joined at regular schedule.
>>
>> We have discussed the IMSC1 new publication.
>> Thierry.
>>
>> Le 19/01/2017 à 17:10, Nigel Megitt a écrit :
>>> It appears I may have created some confusion by actioning the discussion
>>> we had about moving the regular weekly meeting later by one hour ­ I
>>> have just begun the meetingŠ and just two of us are on it right now.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk
>>> <mailto:nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>>
>>> Date: Tuesday, 17 January 2017 at 21:43
>>> To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org
>>> <mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
>>> Subject: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-01-19
>>> Resent-From: <public-tt@w3.org <mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
>>> Resent-Date: Tuesday, 17 January 2017 at 21:43
>>>
>>>     *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a
>>>     prompt start at 11:03am Boston time. *
>>>
>>>     *As discussed in London, normal meeting begin time is now _1 hour
>>>     later_*
>>>
>>>     Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
>>>     correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>>>
>>>     Check
>>> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170119T11&p1=
>>> 43
>>>
>>>     Thursdays 11:03am-12:00pm (or from 10:00am for 2 hour meetings)
>>>     Boston local
>>>
>>>     *Joining details: *
>>>
>>>     see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
>>>     (members-only link ­ if you can't see this and wish to join please
>>>     contact me)
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>>>
>>>     *Chairs: *Nigel Megitt
>>>
>>>     *Scribe:* usually Nigel ­ open to offers!
>>>
>>>     *Regrets: *Thierry
>>>
>>>     *Activity since last meeting:** *
>>>     See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products
>>>
>>>
>>>             Cross-product TTWG board:
>>> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>>>
>>>         *We are still using tracker for /actions/ unrelated to issues.*
>>>         *Please do not add or modify /issues/ in tracker!*
>>>
>>>
>>>         IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
>>>         TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
>>>         TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
>>>         TTML Profile
>>>         Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
>>>         TTML-WebVTT
>>>         mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>>>
>>>         WebVTT:* *https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>>>     *
>>>     *
>>>     Check-point for order of topics ­ I'd suggest, subject to
>>> reordering:
>>>     1. IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)
>>>     2. Profiles registry
>>>     3. TTML issues, actions, PRs etc
>>>     4. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
>>>     5. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
>>>     6. WebVTT comments
>>>     7. AOB ­ please notify of any other AOB now!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>     Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>>>
>>>     _January Meetings:_
>>>
>>>     Thursday 19th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>     Thursday 26th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>
>>>     Further ahead:
>>>
>>>     Thursday 2nd February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>     Thursday 9th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>     Thursday 16th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>     Thursday 23rd February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>
>>>     _IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events:_ see the timeline of upcoming
>>>     work
>>>     at
>>> _https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMS
>>> C2_work _
>>>
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)*
>>>
>>>     *IMSC 1.1 update*
>>>
>>>     *Unicode CLDR discussion*
>>>     Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
>>>     Pierre's response to the recent update is
>>>     at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:9
>>>     Email response from Shervin at
>>>     Unicode
>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html
>>>
>>>     Merged pull requests:
>>>
>>>         Prepare specification for 2ED
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/192>;
>>>         Clarify effective pixel aspect ratio value
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/193>;
>>>         Added a note that #zIndex is not used
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/197>;
>>>         Recommend begin+dur in addition to begin+end
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/199>;
>>>         Add support for editorial area
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/196>
>>>
>>>     Open pull requests:
>>>
>>>         Add support for fillLineGap and optional features
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/200>
>>>
>>>     New or discussed issues:
>>>
>>>         Control background between adjacent lines
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/195>
>>>
>>>     Editor's draft is directly viewable
>>>     at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
>>>     IMSC Implementation
>>>     Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+** Profiles registry.*
>>>     *
>>>     *
>>>     Updated (2017-01-17) Working Group Note published
>>>     at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/
>>>     * *
>>>     ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>>>     ACTION-492
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492>(edit)
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492/edit> 	pending
>>>     review 	Publish the updated ttml profile registry at
>>>     https://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/ by 2017-01-19
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492> 	Thierry
>>>     Michel 	2017-01-19 	TTML versions and profiles note
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/12>
>>>
>>>     *
>>>     *
>>>     Merged pull request:
>>>
>>>         Update index.html
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/34>
>>>         Update index.html
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/33> (yes there
>>>         are two with the same name)
>>>
>>>     Open pull requests: none
>>>     Closed issues: none
>>>     New issue: broken link to fix
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/35>
>>>
>>>     https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry
>>>     http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/
>>>
>>>     https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc*
>>>
>>>     ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>>>     ACTION-494
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494>(edit)
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494/edit> 	pending
>>>     review 	Mark the ttml2 issues as discussed and agreed where we've
>>>     discussed and agreed their equivalent ttml1 issues.
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494> 	Nigel
>>>     Megitt 	2017-01-20 	TTML2
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>     CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS
>>>     <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html>
>>> and Fwd:
>>>     Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS
>>>     <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>
>>>
>>>     CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR
>>>     for CSS 2.2 & request for reviews
>>>     <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html>
>>> When
>>>     can we schedule a review and gather feedback?
>>>
>>>
>>>     ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>>>     ACTION-443
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>(edit)
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit> 	open
>>>     Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to
>>>     ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443> 	Glenn
>>>     Adams 	2016-08-26 	TTML2
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>>>     ACTION-462
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>(edit)
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit> 	open
>>>     Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and
>>>     profiles of ttml"
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462> 	Glenn
>>>     Adams 	2016-04-28 	TTML2
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>>>
>>>
>>>     Most recent WD published
>>>     at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170106/
>>>
>>>     Merged Pull Requests: None
>>>     Open Pull Requests: Add tts:textShadow example and modify semantics
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/218>
>>>     New TTML1 Issues: Add note clarifying meaning of tts:direction 'ltr'
>>>     and 'rtl' in vertical writing modes.
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/228>
>>>     New TTML2 Issues: Add support for compositing a TTML2 document onto
>>>     HDR video <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/233>
>>>     Closed TTML1 Issues: Formula for dropNTSC time expressions is
>>>     incorrect. <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/191>; Should
>>>     tts:direction apply only to <span>?
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/227>
>>>     Closed TTML2 Issues: none
>>>     Discussed TTML1 Issues: [18 - too many to list]
>>>     Discussed TTML2 Issues: [12 - too many to list]
>>>
>>>
>>>     *Focus topic for this week*
>>>     Please prepare your thoughts for discussion of what
>>>     background-on-span-affecting semantics should be supported in TTML2,
>>>     covering at least the issues:
>>>
>>>         Should background of a span be height of text in line or
>>>         computed lineHeight? #101
>>> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/101>
>>>         Ways to make span background height be lineHeight #150
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/150>
>>>         Clarify semantics of content bpd for inline and line areas #163
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/163>
>>>         Add support for adjacent background area merging #189
>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/189>
>>>
>>>     This is in the context also of how we resolve the recently discussed
>>>     IMSC 1.1 issue: Control background between adjacent lines
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/195>
>>>
>>>
>>>     Current open
>>>     issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and
>>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
>>>
>>>     See spreadsheet of editorial actions
>>>     at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
>>>
>>>     Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/
>>>     at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>>>
>>>     More volunteers welcomed!
>>>
>>>     _TTML Change Proposals ­ progress and review_
>>>
>>>     Change Proposal Index is
>>>     at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
>>>
>>>     The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide
>>>     Review) are:
>>>
>>>     5 	OPEN 	2 	Jerry Smith 	TTML2 	HTML5 Mapping semantics
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
>>>     7 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	3D extensions
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
>>>     9 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	IMSC2 	Complexity model
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
>>>     11 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	Metadata vocab
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
>>>     15 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.CSS additions
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
>>>     17 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.Defaults
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
>>>     19 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.Syntax fixes
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
>>>     21 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	Typography.I18n
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
>>>     25 	OPEN 	2 	Nigel Megitt 	TTML2 	Distribution
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document*
>>>
>>>     Editor's Draft is at http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>>>
>>>     ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>>>     ACTION-441
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>(edit)
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit> 	open
>>>     Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441> 	Andreas
>>>     Tai 	2015-11-05 	
>>>
>>>
>>>     See
>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
>>>     further information on this, this week.
>>>
>>>     Also HTML import and HTMLCue?
>>>     <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html>
>>> email
>>>     from 2016-09-06.
>>>
>>>     [placeholder agenda item]
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>>>
>>>     ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>>>     ACTION-396
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>(edit)
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit> 	open
>>>     Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the
>>>     archive <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>
>>>     David Singer 	2015-04-17 	WebVTT 1.0
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
>>>     ACTION-473
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>(edit)
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473/edit> 	open
>>>     Contact co-chairs and essential parties on how to move forward on
>>>     vtt; need an action plan
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473> 	Thierry
>>>     Michel 	2016-06-30 	WebVTT 1.0
>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
>>>
>>>
>>>     Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.
>>>
>>>     WebVTT Wide review wiki page:
>>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review
>>>
>>>     Open Pull requests: Add a section that explains the CSS extensions
>>>     to authors. <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/317>;* Fix #270: Add
>>>     classes to specify text colour
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/279>; Add requirements for
>>>     region identifier to exist.
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>*.
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
>>>     New issues: None
>>>     Closed issues: None
>>>     Recently discussed issues: n
>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/264>one
>>>
>>>     *Agenda+ AOB*
>>>
>>>     *References*
>>>
>>>     Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>>>
>>>
>
Received on Thursday, 19 January 2017 16:25:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:36 UTC