W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2017

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-01-19

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:31:26 +0000
To: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>, Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D4A69933.3502A%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
That could be helpful, if you have time.

Nigel

On 19/01/2017, 16:25, "Thierry MICHEL" <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:

>No, it was more of an informal discussion.
>I can join now if needed.
>
>thierry
>
>Le 19/01/2017 à 17:21, Nigel Megitt a écrit :
>> Ah, sorry about that. Are there notes?
>>
>> Nigel
>>
>> On 19/01/2017, 16:19, "Thierry MICHEL" <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Nigel,
>>> I wasn't aware of it. But it does say in your agenda ;-)
>>>
>>> Andreas, Pierre and Pierre joined at regular schedule.
>>>
>>> We have discussed the IMSC1 new publication.
>>> Thierry.
>>>
>>> Le 19/01/2017 à 17:10, Nigel Megitt a écrit :
>>>> It appears I may have created some confusion by actioning the
>>>>discussion
>>>> we had about moving the regular weekly meeting later by one hour ­ I
>>>> have just begun the meetingŠ and just two of us are on it right now.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk
>>>> <mailto:nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>>
>>>> Date: Tuesday, 17 January 2017 at 21:43
>>>> To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org
>>>> <mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
>>>> Subject: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-01-19
>>>> Resent-From: <public-tt@w3.org <mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
>>>> Resent-Date: Tuesday, 17 January 2017 at 21:43
>>>>
>>>>     *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a
>>>>     prompt start at 11:03am Boston time. *
>>>>
>>>>     *As discussed in London, normal meeting begin time is now _1 hour
>>>>     later_*
>>>>
>>>>     Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
>>>>     correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>>>>
>>>>     Check
>>>>
>>>>https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170119T11&p

>>>>1=
>>>> 43
>>>>
>>>>     Thursdays 11:03am-12:00pm (or from 10:00am for 2 hour meetings)
>>>>     Boston local
>>>>
>>>>     *Joining details: *
>>>>
>>>>     see
>>>>https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html

>>>>     (members-only link ­ if you can't see this and wish to join please
>>>>     contact me)
>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>>>>
>>>>     *Chairs: *Nigel Megitt
>>>>
>>>>     *Scribe:* usually Nigel ­ open to offers!
>>>>
>>>>     *Regrets: *Thierry
>>>>
>>>>     *Activity since last meeting:** *
>>>>     See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific
>>>>products
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>             Cross-product TTWG board:
>>>> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

>>>>
>>>>         *We are still using tracker for /actions/ unrelated to
>>>>issues.*
>>>>         *Please do not add or modify /issues/ in tracker!*
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse

>>>>         TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse

>>>>         TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse

>>>>         TTML Profile
>>>>         Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse

>>>>         TTML-WebVTT
>>>>         mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse

>>>>
>>>>         WebVTT:* *https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse

>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>>>>     *
>>>>     *
>>>>     Check-point for order of topics ­ I'd suggest, subject to
>>>> reordering:
>>>>     1. IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)
>>>>     2. Profiles registry
>>>>     3. TTML issues, actions, PRs etc
>>>>     4. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
>>>>     5. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
>>>>     6. WebVTT comments
>>>>     7. AOB ­ please notify of any other AOB now!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>>>>
>>>>     _January Meetings:_
>>>>
>>>>     Thursday 19th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>>     Thursday 26th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>>
>>>>     Further ahead:
>>>>
>>>>     Thursday 2nd February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>>     Thursday 9th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>>     Thursday 16th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>>     Thursday 23rd February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>>
>>>>     _IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events:_ see the timeline of
>>>>upcoming
>>>>     work
>>>>     at
>>>>
>>>>_https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_I

>>>>MS
>>>> C2_work _
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)*
>>>>
>>>>     *IMSC 1.1 update*
>>>>
>>>>     *Unicode CLDR discussion*
>>>>     Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915

>>>>     Pierre's response to the recent update is
>>>>     at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:9

>>>>     Email response from Shervin at
>>>>     Unicode
>>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html

>>>>
>>>>     Merged pull requests:
>>>>
>>>>         Prepare specification for 2ED
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/192>;
>>>>         Clarify effective pixel aspect ratio value
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/193>;
>>>>         Added a note that #zIndex is not used
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/197>;
>>>>         Recommend begin+dur in addition to begin+end
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/199>;
>>>>         Add support for editorial area
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/196>
>>>>
>>>>     Open pull requests:
>>>>
>>>>         Add support for fillLineGap and optional features
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/200>
>>>>
>>>>     New or discussed issues:
>>>>
>>>>         Control background between adjacent lines
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/195>
>>>>
>>>>     Editor's draft is directly viewable
>>>>     at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html

>>>>     IMSC Implementation
>>>>     Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.

>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+** Profiles registry.*
>>>>     *
>>>>     *
>>>>     Updated (2017-01-17) Working Group Note published
>>>>     at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/

>>>>     * *
>>>>     ID     State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
>>>>     ACTION-492
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492>(edit)
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492/edit>
>>>>    pending
>>>>     review         Publish the updated ttml profile registry at
>>>>     https://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/ by 2017-01-19
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492>         Thierry
>>>>     Michel         2017-01-19      TTML versions and profiles note
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/12>
>>>>
>>>>     *
>>>>     *
>>>>     Merged pull request:
>>>>
>>>>         Update index.html
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/34>
>>>>         Update index.html
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/33> (yes
>>>>there
>>>>         are two with the same name)
>>>>
>>>>     Open pull requests: none
>>>>     Closed issues: none
>>>>     New issue: broken link to fix
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/35>
>>>>
>>>>     https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry

>>>>     http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/

>>>>
>>>>     https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry

>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions
>>>>etc*
>>>>
>>>>     ID     State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
>>>>     ACTION-494
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494>(edit)
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494/edit>
>>>>    pending
>>>>     review         Mark the ttml2 issues as discussed and agreed where we've
>>>>     discussed and agreed their equivalent ttml1 issues.
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494>         Nigel
>>>>     Megitt         2017-01-20      TTML2
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS
>>>>     <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html>
>>>> and Fwd:
>>>>     Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS
>>>>     <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>
>>>>
>>>>     CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of
>>>>CR
>>>>     for CSS 2.2 & request for reviews
>>>>     <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html>
>>>> When
>>>>     can we schedule a review and gather feedback?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     ID     State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
>>>>     ACTION-443
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>(edit)
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>    open
>>>>     Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to
>>>>     ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>         Glenn
>>>>     Adams  2016-08-26      TTML2
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>>>>     ACTION-462
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>(edit)
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit>    open
>>>>     Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and
>>>>     profiles of ttml"
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>         Glenn
>>>>     Adams  2016-04-28      TTML2
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     Most recent WD published
>>>>     at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170106/

>>>>
>>>>     Merged Pull Requests: None
>>>>     Open Pull Requests: Add tts:textShadow example and modify
>>>>semantics
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/218>
>>>>     New TTML1 Issues: Add note clarifying meaning of tts:direction
>>>>'ltr'
>>>>     and 'rtl' in vertical writing modes.
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/228>
>>>>     New TTML2 Issues: Add support for compositing a TTML2 document
>>>>onto
>>>>     HDR video <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/233>
>>>>     Closed TTML1 Issues: Formula for dropNTSC time expressions is
>>>>     incorrect. <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/191>; Should
>>>>     tts:direction apply only to <span>?
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/227>
>>>>     Closed TTML2 Issues: none
>>>>     Discussed TTML1 Issues: [18 - too many to list]
>>>>     Discussed TTML2 Issues: [12 - too many to list]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     *Focus topic for this week*
>>>>     Please prepare your thoughts for discussion of what
>>>>     background-on-span-affecting semantics should be supported in
>>>>TTML2,
>>>>     covering at least the issues:
>>>>
>>>>         Should background of a span be height of text in line or
>>>>         computed lineHeight? #101
>>>> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/101>
>>>>         Ways to make span background height be lineHeight #150
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/150>
>>>>         Clarify semantics of content bpd for inline and line areas
>>>>#163
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/163>
>>>>         Add support for adjacent background area merging #189
>>>>         <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/189>
>>>>
>>>>     This is in the context also of how we resolve the recently
>>>>discussed
>>>>     IMSC 1.1 issue: Control background between adjacent lines
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/195>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     Current open
>>>>     issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and
>>>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues

>>>>
>>>>     See spreadsheet of editorial actions
>>>>     at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx

>>>>
>>>>     Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/
>>>>     at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md

>>>>
>>>>     More volunteers welcomed!
>>>>
>>>>     _TTML Change Proposals ­ progress and review_
>>>>
>>>>     Change Proposal Index is
>>>>     at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

>>>>
>>>>     The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for
>>>>Wide
>>>>     Review) are:
>>>>
>>>>     5      OPEN    2       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
>>>>     7      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
>>>>     9      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  IMSC2   Complexity model
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
>>>>     11     OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Metadata vocab
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
>>>>     15     OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
>>>>     17     OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
>>>>     19     OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
>>>>     21     OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
>>>>     25     OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document*
>>>>
>>>>     Editor's Draft is at http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/

>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>>>>
>>>>     ID     State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
>>>>     ACTION-441
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>(edit)
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit>    open
>>>>     Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>         Andreas
>>>>     Tai    2015-11-05
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     See
>>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
>>>>     further information on this, this week.
>>>>
>>>>     Also HTML import and HTMLCue?
>>>>     <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html>
>>>> email
>>>>     from 2016-09-06.
>>>>
>>>>     [placeholder agenda item]
>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>>>>
>>>>     ID     State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
>>>>     ACTION-396
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>(edit)
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>    open
>>>>     Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the
>>>>     archive <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>
>>>>     David Singer   2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
>>>>     ACTION-473
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>(edit)
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473/edit>    open
>>>>     Contact co-chairs and essential parties on how to move forward on
>>>>     vtt; need an action plan
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>         Thierry
>>>>     Michel         2016-06-30      WebVTT 1.0
>>>>     <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.
>>>>
>>>>     WebVTT Wide review wiki page:
>>>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review

>>>>
>>>>     Open Pull requests: Add a section that explains the CSS extensions
>>>>     to authors. <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/317>;* Fix #270:
>>>>Add
>>>>     classes to specify text colour
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/279>; Add requirements for
>>>>     region identifier to exist.
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>*.
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
>>>>     New issues: None
>>>>     Closed issues: None
>>>>     Recently discussed issues: n
>>>>     <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/264>one
>>>>
>>>>     *Agenda+ AOB*
>>>>
>>>>     *References*
>>>>
>>>>     Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText

>>>>
>>>>
>>



-----------------------------
http://www.bbc.co.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and
may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in
error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the
information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails
sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to
this.
-----------------------------
Received on Thursday, 19 January 2017 16:32:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:36 UTC