HTML import and HTMLCue?

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 16:50:07 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
All,

I see from the draft charter of the Web Platform Working Group (https://www.w3.org/2016/08/web-platform-charter-draft.html) that they have a potential deliverable to define HTML imports, where HTML is reused in another document via the HTML Imports spec (editor's draft: http://w3c.github.io/webcomponents/spec/imports/ ).

This seems potentially related to the HTMLCue proposal in the sense that an HTMLCue could cause an import link to be loaded. I see nothing in the current editor's draft about unloading an HTML link however.

Just raising for visibility, in case it triggers any other constructive thoughts.

Nigel