W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > June 2014

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 12/6/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 17:37:35 +0000
To: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
CC: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4CB8A9FC-E88D-44BC-B752-05A5ABB918D0@bbc.co.uk>
Thanks Pierre,

CP2 should be fairly quick if Jerry (who owns it) has had time to review, and it's been on the agenda for weeks now. If we can close it off I'd really like to.

I also want to make progress on IMSC1!

Kind regards,

Nigel



On 11 Jun 2014, at 17:52, "Pierre-Anthony Lemieux" <pal@sandflow.com<mailto:pal@sandflow.com>> wrote:

Hi Nigel,

I suggest changing the switching the order of agenda items 3 and 4, i.e. work on closing issues on IMSC 1.0 so we can stick to our schedule.

Best,

-- Pierre


On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk<mailto:nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>> wrote:
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m.


Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.



Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140213T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140220T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140227T10&p1=43%C2%A0> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140306T10&p1=43%C2%A0> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140313T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140320T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140327T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140417T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140424T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140501T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140508T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140515T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140522T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140529T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140605T10&p1=43



Thursdays 10:00am-11:00am Boston local


Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200<tel:%2B1.617.761.6200>, conference 8865 ("TTML")

IRC: server: irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org>, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc



Agenda+ Assign Roles


Chair: Nigel Megitt


Scribe: [to assign during meeting]


Regrets:


Activity since last meeting:


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting


Check-point for order of topics  I'd suggest:

1. MIME codecs parameter if we're quorate on this topic

2. SMPTE liaison,

3. Change proposal 2,

4. Pending Review actions and issues,

5. Raised issues

6. Overdue actions.


And stop when time runs out  I'm happy to set and impose time limits on these topics if members would like to take that approach.


Agenda+ MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter


This is scheduled for a major discussion for this topic since all main contributors will hopefully attend.


ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Register of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1       Timed Text Working Group<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/>


ISSUE-280<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280/edit>
nested-profiles CLOSED  Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>    2013-09-06      TTML2   0

ACTION-284<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit>     closed  Create the registry page<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>  Glenn Adams     2014-05-01



ACTION-290<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit>       open    Describe the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from dece for issue-305.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>   Mike Dolan      2014-05-29




Liaison in mail archive at [1] and text reproduced in ACTION-282. Response at [2].


Agenda+ SMPTE Liaison

Liaison at [4]. Proposed response at [5] (member-only).

Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-293<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/293>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/293/edit>       pending review  Research appropriate namespace for forceddisplay feature in imsc 1 for issue-312<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/293>   Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-06-05      forcedDisplay should be in ttm<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>



Agenda+ Action items overdue and due next week

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-207<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207/edit>       open    Add round-down clarification to "closest" language, see issue-259<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207>  Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-234<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit>       open    Explore box-decoration-break in response to issue-286<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>      Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-236<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit>       open    Review consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>       Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-258<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258/edit>       open    Work with pal to resolve edits needed for issue-259 comments<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258>       Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-285<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285/edit>       open    Implement proposed errata in issue-304<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>     Glenn Adams     2014-05-01      Non-Standard Unqualified Attributes<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/304>
ACTION-286<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit>       open    Send an email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>  Glenn Adams     2014-05-01
ACTION-287<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit>       open    Elaborate on wording in 4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>       Glenn Adams     2014-05-08

ACTION-294<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294/edit>       open    Create a sign-up wbs survey for geneva.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294>    Nigel Megitt    2014-06-05
ACTION-295<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295/edit>       open    Socialise the geneva f2f meeting amongst the webvtt community<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>      David Singer    2014-06-05

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-296<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296/edit>       open    Define default for @validationaction to be warn if @validation is optional; otherwise, default is abort<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296>    Glenn Adams     2014-06-12
ACTION-297<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/297>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/297/edit>       open    Soften language about 'willful violation' regarding treatment of duration zero<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/297>     Glenn Adams     2014-06-12
ACTION-298<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298/edit>       open    Either proscribe or define semantics on specifying both @extends and @restricts on a ttp:{feature,ext3ension}<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>      Glenn Adams     2014-06-12

Agenda+ Issues discussed and raised over the past week


ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-263<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263/edit>  PENDING REVIEW  profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>      2013-07-17      TTML Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US)   0
ISSUE-312<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312/edit>
forcedDisplay should be in ttm  PENDING REVIEW  forcedDisplay attribute is metadata so should be in ttm not tts namespace<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>   2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0


ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-306<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/306>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/306/edit>
Fractional time expressions in N.2 media timeBase       RAISED  Appendix N.2 omits fractional time expressions<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/306>      2014-05-02      TTML 1.0        0
ISSUE-314<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314/edit>
Temporally active is not defined for regions    RAISED  Temporally active is not defined for regions<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>        2014-05-21      TTML 1.0        0
ISSUE-315<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      RAISED  Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>  2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-317<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/317>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/317/edit>
IMSC should not require frame alignment RAISED  IMSC should not require frame alignment<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/317>     2014-05-22      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-319<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
HRM should be a processor compliance test       RAISED  HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>  2014-05-23      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-321<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321/edit>  RAISED  typo - s/ttp:feature/ttp:extension/ in 5th paragraph of 6.1.5<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321>       2014-05-24      TTML 1.0 (Editorial)    0




Agenda+ Issues Pending Review


ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-295<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/295>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/295/edit>
Constrained code pages  PENDING REVIEW  Remove code point restrictions from IMSC<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/295>    2013-11-07      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-296<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/296>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/296/edit>
xml:lang constraints in IMSC    PENDING REVIEW  Remove xml:lang placement restrictions from IMSC<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/296>    2013-11-07      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-308<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/308>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/308/edit>
Related video object reference missing  PENDING REVIEW  It is unclear how a document is associated with a related video object<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/308>      2014-05-02      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-309<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309/edit>
Image profile fails WCAG 1.2    PENDING REVIEW  Image profile needs to permit text equivalent<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309>       2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-312<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312/edit>
forcedDisplay should be in ttm  PENDING REVIEW  forcedDisplay attribute is metadata so should be in ttm not tts namespace<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>   2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-313<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313/edit>
Presented Region is informative only    PENDING REVIEW  Presented Region section is informative only<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313>        2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-316<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316/edit>
Wording of 5.2  PENDING REVIEW  Wording of 5.2 doesn't make sense<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316>   2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0


Agenda+ Change Proposals  progress and review

Change Proposal 2 [7] has been implemented and has been pending review for over 1 month
Can we mark as CLOSED  IMPLEMENTED?

Change Proposal Index is at [6].
Which Change Proposals would owners like to progress next? There are 20 open CPs.

Timeline updated in 13th Mar meeting:
January-March: Clean up and complete CPs
April-July: Draft, iterate and edit solutions to CP issues
August: Last Call

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0005.html
[2] W3C response to MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0025.html
[3] TPAC survey results https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TPAC2014Planning/results
[4] SMPTE Liaison http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Jun/0000.html
[5] Proposed response to SMPTE liaison https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2014Jun/0000.html
[6] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
[7] Change Proposal 2 https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002
Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText




----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk<http://www.bbc.co.uk/>
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------
Received on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 17:38:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:14 UTC