W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > June 2014

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 12/6/2014

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:51:51 -0700
Message-ID: <CAF_7JxDzu5c+PLNH=Yidpa5_LkWfQKKnBE2q-HR2+Zm321koXw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Hi Nigel,

I suggest changing the switching the order of agenda items 3 and 4, i.e.
work on closing issues on IMSC 1.0 so we can stick to our schedule.

Best,

-- Pierre


On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

>     *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. *
>
>
>
> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct
> time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>
>
>
> Please check
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140213T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140220T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140227T10&p1=43%C2%A0>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140306T10&p1=43%C2%A0>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140313T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140320T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140327T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140417T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140424T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140501T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140508T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140515T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140522T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140529T10&p1=43>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140605T10&p1=43
>
>
>
>  Thursdays 10:00am-11:00am Boston local
>
>
>  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
>
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :
> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
>
>
> *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>
>
>  *Chair: *Nigel Megitt
>
>
>  *Scribe: [to assign during meeting]*
>
>
>  *Regrets: *
>
>
>  *Activity since last meeting: *
>
>
>  *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting*
>
>
>  Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
>
> 1. MIME codecs parameter if we're quorate on this topic
>
> 2. SMPTE liaison,
>
> 3. Change proposal 2,
>
> 4. Pending Review actions and issues,
>
> 5. Raised issues
>
> 6. Overdue actions.
>
>
>  And stop when time runs out – I'm happy to set and impose time limits on
> these topics if members would like to take that approach.
>
>
>  *Agenda+ MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter*
>
>
>  This is scheduled for a major discussion for this topic since all main
> contributors will hopefully attend.
>
>
>     ISSUE-305 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
> Profile short names PENDING REVIEW Register of TTML profiles and short
> names <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305> 2014-05-01  1 Timed
> Text Working Group <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/>
>
>
>    ISSUE-280 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280/edit>
> nested-profiles CLOSED Add ability to define a profile from multiple
> profiles. <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280> 2013-09-06
> TTML2 0
> ACTION-284 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit> closed Create
> the registry page <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284> Glenn
> Adams 2014-05-01
>
>
> ACTION-290 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit> open Describe
> the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from
> dece for issue-305. <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290> Mike
> Dolan 2014-05-29
>
>
>  Liaison in mail archive at [1] and text reproduced in ACTION-282.
> Response at [2].
>
>
>  *Agenda+ SMPTE Liaison*
>
>  Liaison at [4]. Proposed response at [5] (member-only).
>
>  *Agenda+ Action items pending review*
>
>
>
> * ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with ACTION-293
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/293>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/293/edit> pending review
> Research appropriate namespace for forceddisplay feature in imsc 1 for
> issue-312 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/293>
> Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 2014-06-05 forcedDisplay should be in ttm
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312> *
>
>  *Agenda+ Action items overdue and due next week*
>
>    ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with   ACTION-207
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207/edit> open Add
> round-down clarification to "closest" language, see issue-259
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207> Glenn Adams
> 2014-04-01   ACTION-234
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit> open Explore
> box-decoration-break in response to issue-286
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234> Glenn Adams
> 2014-04-01   ACTION-236
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit> open Review
> consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236> Glenn Adams
> 2014-04-01   ACTION-258
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258/edit> open Work with
> pal to resolve edits needed for issue-259 comments
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258> Glenn Adams
> 2014-04-01   ACTION-285
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285/edit> open Implement
> proposed errata in issue-304
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285> Glenn Adams
> 2014-05-01 Non-Standard Unqualified Attributes
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/304>  ACTION-286
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit> open Send an
> email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286> Glenn Adams
> 2014-05-01   ACTION-287
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit> open Elaborate
> on wording in §4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287> Glenn Adams
> 2014-05-08
>   ACTION-294 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294/edit> open Create
> a sign-up wbs survey for geneva.
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294> Nigel Megitt
> 2014-06-05   ACTION-295
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295/edit> open Socialise
> the geneva f2f meeting amongst the webvtt community
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295> David Singer
> 2014-06-05
>
>  * ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with ACTION-296
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296/edit> open Define
> default for @validationaction to be warn if @validation is optional;
> otherwise, default is abort
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296> Glenn Adams
> 2014-06-12 ACTION-297
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/297>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/297/edit> open Soften
> language about 'willful violation' regarding treatment of duration zero
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/297> Glenn Adams
> 2014-06-12 ACTION-298
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298/edit> open Either
> proscribe or define semantics on specifying both @extends and @restricts on
> a ttp:{feature,ext3ension}
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298> Glenn Adams
> 2014-06-12 *
>
>  *Agenda+ Issues discussed and raised over the past week*
>
>
>     ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions   ISSUE-263
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263/edit> PENDING REVIEW profile
> feature set may not match intended feature constraints
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263> 2013-07-17 TTML
> Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US) 0  ISSUE-312
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312/edit>
> forcedDisplay should be in ttm PENDING REVIEW forcedDisplay attribute is
> metadata so should be in ttm not tts namespace
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312> 2014-05-21 TTML IMSC
> 1.0 0
>
>
>     ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions   ISSUE-306
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/306>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/306/edit>
> Fractional time expressions in N.2 media timeBase RAISED Appendix N.2
> omits fractional time expressions
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/306> 2014-05-02 TTML 1.0 0
> ISSUE-314 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314/edit>
> Temporally active is not defined for regions RAISED Temporally active is
> not defined for regions
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314> 2014-05-21 TTML 1.0 0
> ISSUE-315 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
> Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint RAISED Maximum
> number of regions should be a processor constraint
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21 TTML IMSC
> 1.0 0  ISSUE-317 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/317>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/317/edit>
> IMSC should not require frame alignment RAISED IMSC should not require
> frame alignment <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/317>
> 2014-05-22 TTML IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-319
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
> HRM should be a processor compliance test RAISED HRM should be a
> processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for
> different use cases <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>
> 2014-05-23 TTML IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-321
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321/edit> RAISED typo -
> s/ttp:feature/ttp:extension/ in 5th paragraph of 6.1.5
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321> 2014-05-24 TTML 1.0
> (Editorial) 0
>
>
>  *Agenda+ Issues Pending Review*
>
>
>     ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions   ISSUE-295
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/295>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/295/edit>
> Constrained code pages PENDING REVIEW Remove code point restrictions from
> IMSC <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/295> 2013-11-07 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-296 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/296>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/296/edit>
> xml:lang constraints in IMSC PENDING REVIEW Remove xml:lang placement
> restrictions from IMSC
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/296> 2013-11-07 TTML IMSC
> 1.0 0  ISSUE-308 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/308>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/308/edit>
> Related video object reference missing PENDING REVIEW It is unclear how a
> document is associated with a related video object
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/308> 2014-05-02 TTML IMSC
> 1.0 0  ISSUE-309 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309/edit>
> Image profile fails WCAG 1.2 PENDING REVIEW Image profile needs to permit
> text equivalent <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309>
> 2014-05-21 TTML IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-312
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>[image: (edit)]
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312/edit>
> forcedDisplay should be in ttm PENDING REVIEW forcedDisplay attribute is
> metadata so should be in ttm not tts namespace
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312> 2014-05-21 TTML IMSC
> 1.0 0  ISSUE-313 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313/edit>
> Presented Region is informative only PENDING REVIEW Presented Region
> section is informative only
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313> 2014-05-21 TTML IMSC
> 1.0 0  ISSUE-316 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316/edit>
> Wording of 5.2 PENDING REVIEW Wording of 5.2 doesn't make sense
> <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316> 2014-05-21 TTML IMSC
> 1.0 0
>
>
>  *Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review*
>
>    Change Proposal 2 [7] has been implemented and has been pending review
> for over 1 month
>  Can we mark as CLOSED – IMPLEMENTED?
>
>  * Change Proposal Index is at [6]. *
> * Which Change Proposals would owners like to progress next? There are 20
> open CPs. *
>
>  Timeline updated in 13th Mar meeting:
> January-March: Clean up and complete CPs
> April-July: Draft, iterate and edit solutions to CP issues
> August: Last Call
>
>  *Agenda+ AOB*
>
>
>  *References*
>
>  [1] MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0005.html
> [2] W3C response to MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0025.html
> [3] TPAC survey results
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TPAC2014Planning/results
> [4] SMPTE Liaison
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Jun/0000.html
> [5] Proposed response to SMPTE liaison
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2014Jun/0000.html
> [6] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
> [7] Change Proposal 2 https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002
> Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
>
>
> ----------------------------
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal
> views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
> reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
>
> ---------------------
>
Received on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 16:52:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:14 UTC