Re: Tracking Preference Expression - Call for consensus on Last Call

On 23/04/2014 19:58, Justin Brookman wrote:
> > Yes, there has been a fair amount of technical discussion on this
> (especially at the Sunnyvale face-to-face meeting).  We have so far
> failed to find a solution that provides complete certainty, though
> Shane Wiley has proposed one new idea
> (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2014Feb/0045.html).
> On the call today, we recognized this was a key concern for many
> implementers and committed to keep trying to address this as part of
> the Last Call process.

Given that the known laws of information science say that complete
certainty is fundamentally impossible to give, I don't see a reason to
bother for looking for such a solution. It is alike to spending time on
inventing a perpetuum mobile.

Regards,

 Walter