Re: Consolidated Proposal for Definition of Collect

From: Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:38:33 +0100
To: public-tracking@w3.org
On 30/10/2013 19:33, Shane M Wiley wrote:
> Vinay,
>

> I generally supportive but it seems odd to define the concept of
> “collection” through the lens of “retention” (retain) in that those were
> expected to be different definitions.

Shane definitely has a point here. I would prefer a definition of
collection that is not dependent on retention. I must add that I am fine
with any subsequent concept of tracking that has a stronger emphasis on
retention, sharing and processing than on mere collection. In that sense
Lee's definition has a lot to go for it.

Regards,

 Walter