Re: ISSUE-10 proposed text for discussion

Btw- service provider is a broad term. Any of the parties may have service providers that work on their behalf.  Perhaps we need to be specific: "service provider, for the first party" or "service provider, for the third party" or even "service provider, for the user"?

Chris Mejia | Digital Supply Chain Solutions | Ad Technology Group | Interactive Advertising Bureau – IAB

From: Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com<mailto:michael.oneill@baycloud.com>>
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:23 AM
Subject: RE: ISSUE-10 proposed text for discussion

Hi Matthias,

Other than a service provider acting on behalf of the user (third-party definition) is a new one. I thought the definition of a service provider meant they were acting in the shoes of the first-party i.e. a data processor only acting on behalf of, and under contract with, a data controller. Acting on behalf of the user seems too broad, what use-case would it refer too?

Mike