Re: Change proposal re: DNT: 0

From: Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 19:06:40 -0700
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: David Wainberg <dwainberg@appnexus.com>
Hi David,

I've added this change proposal to the wiki page for change proposals on issue-148 (as 234 is covering a different change proposal).

http://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy/TPWG/Change_Proposal_DNT_0#Remove_definition_of_DNT:_0

I was actually a little surprised to see this on our list, as I thought the group had documented a decision on this last September, which is where the current text (from last October) came from. I believe the thinking is that DNT: 0 doesn't just mean "not DNT:1" because of the group's decision to have a tri-part choice: DNT:1, DNT:0 and the lack of a DNT signal.

Thanks,
Nick