45 issues to go + On the Status of ISSUEs (Raised, Open, Pending Review)

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:26:34 +0200
To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi Team,

as you know, the deadline for raising new issues has passed. 45 issues
have been submitted and are documented against the "compliance current"
product in our tracker:
  http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/products/5
You have until October 16 to ensure that the documentation (change
proposals, rationale, ...) are completed for all new issues (see plan
for details).

I received questions what the meaning of the state of an issue is
("raised", "open", "pending review").

At this point in time, we intend to use the status roughly as follows:
- "raised": Issues that are not yet under active discussion.  People may
still discuss them on the list, submit, withdraw, or modify change
proposals in preparation for our later group discussion.
- "open": Issues that are under active discussion by the group (as
announced in an agenda), i.e., they appear in our weekly call in the
various stages of our discussion.
- "pending review": The change proposals have been frozen and we try to
determine consensus on one of the alternative change proposals.
- "closed": Consensus has been determined and has been documented by
updating the working draft.

If you have questions/comments/feedback, feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,
matthias

================ Summary Documentation on Resolving ISSUES =================
Complete list of issues against the compliance-current spec:
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/products/5

PHASES to resolve issues:
M0 (announcement): Initial call for change proposals; All change
proposals should be drafted
M1 (discussion): Initial change proposals have been submitted;
Discussion on change proposals; Call for final list of change proposals
M2 (discussion): List of change proposals is frozen; Discussion whether
clear consensus emerges for one change proposal
M3 (announcement): Call for objections to validate / determine consensus
M5 (deadline): Deadline for inputs to call for objections (2 weeks after
M3); Analysis starts
M7 (announcement): Results are announced

STATUS of the ISSUES:
- OPEN During phases M0, M1, M2
- PENDING REVIEW: During phases M3, M5
- CLOSED after M7