Re: Moving "C"onsent from Tracking Status to Permitted Use?

From: Ronan Heffernan <ronansan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:16:27 -0400
To: "Mike O'Neill" <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>
Cc: Tracking Protection Working Group WG <public-tracking@w3.org>
Panel enlistment is handled in different ways, and much of it is not
online.  The "control link" will not be visited by most panelists, either.
Some users will have our custom software installed on some of their
devices; some will not.  Throughout all of this, it is important that we
measure behavior without *changing* behavior.  If the user wants to install
a new UA, we have to measure their behavior with that UA, without making it
easier, more difficult, or different in any meaningful way.  Otherwise, we
are skewing the results.

--ronan