RE: Moving "C"onsent from Tracking Status to Permitted Use?

From: Peter Cranstone <peter.cranstone@3pmobile.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:10:56 +0000
To: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi Bryan,

Great post regarding:

Exactly the point I have been making for some time, that the whole UA/UI-based approach to tracking preference management will not scale, when on my smartphone I may have three different Web browsers installed, and a dozen or more hybrid Web apps (which to me are indistinguishable from native apps); as well as several other devices: laptops, desktops, tablets, web-enabled TVs/bluray/car/appliances etc etc. And multiple users of many of those devices, who all will need to be served equivalently under a common preferences UI unless it considers persona.

We've already solved that problem using all current Web standards including DNT. It scales to every device and every browser and allows the user complete control over what gets shared with a content provider.

Cheers,

Peter
_________________________
Peter J. Cranstone
CEO.  3PMobile
Boulder, CO  USA

[cid:05F076E5-C316-4120-A289-F8BC07F95735@hsd1.co.comcast.net.]
Improving the Mobile Web Experience

Cell: 720.663.1752
Web site: www.3pmobile.com<http://www.3pmobile.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of such information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original transmission and its attachments and destroy any copies thereof. Thank you.

Signature Logo.jpeg
(image/jpeg attachment: Signature_Logo.jpeg)