Re: Issue for discussion on Wed

Thanks John. Over the years, there have been a number of entities that
have obtained URL strings from browsers and other UA's and used those for
tracking. (e.g., a handful of companies were dinged for obtaining URL
strings from certain browsers via javascript).

Some of my colleagues at browser companies have referred to this as
"leakage." I think that term is close enough so long as we all agree that
leakage would include a UA's proactive transfer of information based upon
URL history to an outside entity.

Alan