Re: Proposed friendly amendments to industry draft

The DAA text says that "deidentified" means that data "cannot reasonably be
re-associated or connected to a specific user, computer, or device..."    I
can't see how to reconcile this with the idea that the same data would be
considered "de-identified but linkable".

How can data be "associated or connected to a specific user' but at the
same time not be "linkable"?

--
Edward W. Felten
Professor of Computer Science and Public Affairs