Re: Proposed Text for Local Law and Public Purpose

Can someone explain exactly why this matters?  Is it the "compliance with other rules" language?  If so I suggest we cut this section all together.  No company needs an exception in a voluntary standard to comply with local laws.  And let individual companies figure out how compliance with DNT affects any other obligations (current or future)-- which they are going to do based on business needs and risk no matter what is written here.

It seems this is a hot of hoopala, and a lot of hoops, over something that is going to have very little practical value.  If my client has a Congressionally mandated compliance requirement, legal requirement, receives a valid law enforcement request, etc. it's going to matter very little to me what DNT says about it.

Lauren Gelman
BlurryEdge Strategies
415-627-8512