Re: "forced choice" user agent implementation of DNT

Dan,

Clearly we can't expect everyone to read the entire spec to figure out all
the nitty gritty details. However, I would personally consider a checkbox
that says "Enable Do Not Track" or "Send a Do Not Track header with my web
requests" to not meet a bar of informed consent. Neither come close to
actually describing any impact in a manner that a user can understand. I
don't propose adding a quiz or anything of the sort, but I think that a
forced user choice goes in the exact opposite direction of informed user
consent.

Lorrie Cranor has some related work on how people make decisions w.r.t
security contexts. I'm in a meeting and can't find the best reference right
now (and need to drop offline), but
http://repository.cmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1049&context=isr is a
good read.