Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

Tamir,

On Friday 08 June 2012 14:38:17 Tamir Israel wrote:
> I should explain -- contrary to the EU and US frameworks, there is
> no  clear requirement for opt-in consent under Canadian law in
> this context. However, there is a requirement for consent of some
> sort. So you do need to get consent, and once the [deemed]
> invalid DNT-1 is rejected, there is no longer any way of gaining
> that consent.

I think for Canada, the question will be if the regulators recognize
the default sending of DNT:1 as an expression that is taken into
account to determine implicit consent of some sort.

Now if a canadian service is unsure about it, they can always
trigger an exception call to the user agent. This is nearly the same
as sending NACK.