Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

Hi Rigo,

On 6/8/2012 2:42 PM, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> I think for Canada, the question will be if the regulators recognize
> the default sending of DNT:1 as an expression that is taken into
> account to determine implicit consent of some sort.
>
> Now if a canadian service is unsure about it, they can always
> trigger an exception call to the user agent. This is nearly the same
> as sending NACK.

I truly apologize for belaboring this issue, but once the DNT-1 signal
is ignored, there is no longer an available opt-out mechanism for the
user to employ in order to express their preference. So regulators will
then have to decide whether the mere presence of notice that tracking is
occurring offers a sufficiently meaningful consent mechanism.

Best regards,
Tamir