Re: ISSUE-43, ACTION-60: let the user know their options when arriving with Do Not Track

On Jan 30, 2012, at 15:43 , Nicholas Doty wrote:

> While I see the logical distinction, I think the messages:
> * "Don't share this interaction with an arbitrary third party"
> and
> * "I may send a Do Not Track preference to one of your third parties"
> are pretty much consistent.

The first is defined by DNT:1 sent to the 1st party;  the second could be the presence of a DNT header at all, if we don't mind the overloaded semantics. Note that 3rd parties receiving 1st-party-relayed data are still required to ignore/discard it, I think.

David Singer