Defaults by User Agents and Intermediaries (ISSUE-4, ISSUE-95)

From: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:23:06 +0100
To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
These issues are CLOSED, but the resolution is very ambiguous.  See TPE section 3.  I'm not sure if the language sets the bar at no defaults, presumption against defaults, defaults are fine, or out of scope.  I also can't tell if the standard is the same for user agents vs. intermediaries and DNT: 1 vs. DNT: 0.  Until we have a consensus approach to and text on these issues, I think they should be OPEN.

Jonathan