tracking-ISSUE-119: Specify "absolutely not tracking" [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

From: Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:24:41 +0000
To: public-tracking@w3.org

tracking-ISSUE-119: Specify "absolutely not tracking" [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/119

Raised by: Thomas Lowenthal
On product: Tracking Definitions and Compliance

The spec only defines a few standards of tracking, but doesn't have a specification for "not tracking at all". There are some sites which would like to be able to say not just "I meet the 3rd part definintion", but "I don't do any tracking at all". Let's create a specification for "absolutely not tracking" so that sites which want to meet this really high standard have a clear bar to point to.