RE: cross-site tracking (was diff of TPE editing since the FPWD)

We'll need to use "a term" in the documents and I believe the wealth of logic points to using "cross-site tracking" as the term of art - and then of course we need to define it.

- Shane

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lowenthal [mailto:tom@mozilla.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:53 PM
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: cross-site tracking (was diff of TPE editing since the FPWD)

I'm with David Singer. I don't think that we should use the phrase "cross-site tracking at all. Let's just describe what behaviors are restricted. If that ends up corresponding to someone's understanding of "cross-site tracking, that's great. Either way, the result works, and there's no reason to use overly-restrictive opening language.
-Tom