tracking-ISSUE-111: Different DNT values to signify existence of associated exceptions [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

From: Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 02:57:30 +0000
To: public-tracking@w3.org

tracking-ISSUE-111: Different DNT values to signify existence of associated exceptions [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/111

Raised by: Nick Doty
On product: Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)

Should the user agent send a different DNT value to a first party site if there exist site-specific exceptions for that first party? (e.g. DNT:2 implies "I have Do Not Track enabled but grant permissions to some third parties while browsing this domain", DNT:3 implies "I grant you a web-wide tracking exception")