Re: Summary of Options for 1P Learning of 3P DNT Status

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:57:52 -0700
Cc: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>, "public-tracking@w3.org Group WG" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: ifette@google.com
On Oct 30, 2011, at 11:38 PM, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) wrote:

> In short, none of the above solutions seems workable from my viewpoint.

I agree.  I also don't think that any of them are necessary.  If a website
wishes to distinguish between resources that act as a third party and
resources that act as a first party, then it can use different URIs for
them (just as they normally do).

I don't think we need to worry about accidental or deliberate transclusion
by an unrelated website, which would turn the first party resource into
a theoretical third-party resource.  If any cross-site tracking occurs in
that situation, it will be the fault of the unrelated website.

....Roy