Re: Discussion on current status and next step of contacts API, Data Store API and TCP and UDP Socket API

On June 26, 2014 at 1:36:54 PM, Wonsuk Lee (wonsuk73@gmail.com) wrote:
> Can I ask reason why to make that kind of decision? Gene also agreed with
> this decision. right? just want to know :-)

It just ended up duplicating IDB. I'll see if I can hunt down some notes outlining other problems. I believe Gene is also agreed (and knows more), so he might be able to provide a few more details.

> > We need to settle on the underlying Stream before TCP/UDP can happen.
> >

> Do you know status of Stream API spec? When do you expect that Stream API
> will be be settled down?

I haven't kept up with the latest discussion around Streams, recently. I've cc'ed Domenic Denicola to get status. Implementation wise, we have no plans in Mozilla to implement streams *right now*. However, I'm pushing hard to have them added to the platform ASAP... maybe Q1 2015 or Q2. We don't yet have full ES6 support (e.g., classes, @@create semantics, object.observe etc.), and I think we want to have all that in place before we add Streams.