Re: Discussion on current status and next step of contacts API, Data Store API and TCP and UDP Socket API

Marcos!

> On June 26, 2014 at 1:36:54 PM, Wonsuk Lee (wonsuk73@gmail.com) wrote:
> > Can I ask reason why to make that kind of decision? Gene also agreed with
> > this decision. right? just want to know :-)
>
> It just ended up duplicating IDB. I'll see if I can hunt down some notes
> outlining other problems. I believe Gene is also agreed (and knows more),
> so he might be able to provide a few more details.
>

> > > We need to settle on the underlying Stream before TCP/UDP can happen.
> > >

> > Do you know status of Stream API spec? When do you expect that Stream API
> > will be be settled down?
>
> I haven't kept up with the latest discussion around Streams, recently.
> I've cc'ed Domenic Denicola to get status. Implementation wise, we have no
> plans in Mozilla to implement streams *right now*. However, I'm pushing
> hard to have them added to the platform ASAP... maybe Q1 2015 or Q2. We
> don't yet have full ES6 support (e.g., classes, @@create semantics,
> object.observe etc.), and I think we want to have all that in place before
> we add Streams.

Thanks a lot for sharing Mozilla's plan and coordinating with Domenic!

Domenic, could you add more comments on that? In addition it would be great
if you can share implementation status or plan for other browser vendors
like chrome, ie, extra.
It definitely helpful for us to have the visibility for TCP and UDP Socket
API spec! Thanks!

Kr, Wonsuk.

ÀÌ ¿ø ¼® (Wonsuk, Lee) / Principal Engineer, Ph.D
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS Co., LTD. (ß²àøï³í­)
Mobile: +82-10-5800-3997
E-mail: wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com, wonsuk73@gmail.com
http://www.wonsuk73.com/, twitter: @wonsuk73
Inspire the World, Create the Future !!!