Re: Meta Unspools Threads

On Mon, 10 Jul 2023 at 15:12, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> čt 6. 7. 2023 v 23:48 odesílatel Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> napsal:
>

>> čt 6. 7. 2023 v 13:08 odesílatel Robert W. Gehl <rwg@yorku.ca> napsal:
>>
>>>  From what I understand, they don't support federation yet. It's a
>>> single node right now.
>>>

>> Seems so.  Reports are that ActivityPub supportis planned.
>>
>> Up to 46 million users now, expected to reach a few hundred million this
>> month, stats can be tracked here:
>>
>> https://www.quiverquant.com/threadstracker/
>>

> Threads just became the "fastest growing app of all time".  I've had some
> feedback about whether or not this is significant in a decentralized
> system, which is a valid question.  Without making a value

judgment, I would suggest that going from c. 1M users to C. 100M is a
> game-changing event.

Probably not, I keep on going over to Instagram from it. Some of the most
boring unorganized feeds ever.

A.

--
Aaron Gray - @AaronNGray@fosstodon.org

Independent Open Source Software Engineer, Computer Language Researcher,
Information Theorist, and Computer Scientist.