Re: Meta Unspools Threads

On Thu, 6 Jul 2023 at 12:08, Robert W. Gehl <rwg@yorku.ca> wrote:

>  From what I understand, they don't support federation yet. It's a
> single node right now.

Yes. I have looked at it and its a very minimal implementation, nothing new
or innovative at all.

I really dont know how they are going to police or look after that many
users suddenly joining.

The way it is setup if you are on instagram or were on instagram it
encourages you to connect them or reestablish use of instagram or to join
instagram.

Theres already talk of a legal case by Twitter against Threads :-

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/twitter-lawsuit-threads-meta-app-b2370866.html

Regards,

Aaron

Aaron

--
Aaron Gray - @AaronNGray@fosstodon.org

Independent Open Source Software Engineer, Computer Language Researcher,
Information Theorist, and Computer Scientist.