Re: Meta Unspools Threads

čt 6. 7. 2023 v 23:48 odesílatel Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
napsal:

> čt 6. 7. 2023 v 13:08 odesílatel Robert W. Gehl <rwg@yorku.ca> napsal:
>
>>  From what I understand, they don't support federation yet. It's a
>> single node right now.
>>

> Seems so.  Reports are that ActivityPub supportis planned.
>
> Up to 46 million users now, expected to reach a few hundred million this
> month, stats can be tracked here:
>
> https://www.quiverquant.com/threadstracker/

Threads just became the "fastest growing app of all time".  I've had some
feedback about whether or not this is significant in a decentralized
system, which is a valid question.  Without making a value judgment, I
would suggest that going from c. 1M users to C. 100M is a game-changing
event.

"Instagram Threads hits 100 million users, becoming easily the fastest
growing app ever"

HN thread: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=36665481