Re: tracker 'states' proposal

Ralph,

re: "> I might also expect that
> son-of-tracker might permit some individual customization
> by each WG but the intent would be to have a base vocabulary
> that is common to all WGs."

I obviously hesitated quite a bit before saying this, but...

This looks to me like an excellent use case for a machine-readable thesaurus.

In my experience this type of requirement pops up fairly frequently in
software design. Even if we don't formalize this as a SKOS use case
(too late isn't it?), it might be interesting to both the designers of
son-of-tracker and this WG to think about how SKOS might serve the
interests of both individual flexibility in WG workflow terminology
and the coherent cross-WG reporting that meets The Director's needs.

--Jon