W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > March 2005

[ALL] agenda 24 March telecon

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:09:08 +0100
Message-ID: <4241A2B4.40602@cs.vu.nl>
To: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

[please note: duration = 9-=120 min]

AGENDA  Teleconference
W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group
24 March 2005, 1800 UTC
            1000 (West US)
            1300 (East US)
            1800 (London)
            1900 (Amsterdam),
            0300 (next day Tokyo)
            0500 (next day Sydney)
Duration: 90-120 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 7927# ('SWBP')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #swbp
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)

Please note that SWBP&D WG telecons are for attendance by members and
invited experts only.


1. ADMIN (15 min)

Roll call
Regrets:  Garshol, Govoni. Noy, Rector

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the Feb 24 telecon:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0161.html

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of Boston ftf 4-5 March:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/03/03-swbp-minutes

PROPOSED next telecon
   7 April, 1800 UTC

Agenda amendments
- request from Steve Pepper to move RDFTM discussion to the beginning
of telecon (just after item 1).

General actions:

ACTION: Ralph to inform the W3C Communications Team that we intend to
   cite http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Persistence as "W3C URI Persistence
   Policy"
DONE:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/


2. LIAISON


2.1 Proposed resolution httpRange-14

ACTION: Jeremy draft text for statement to TAG reflecting the opinion
   of the httpRange-14 breakout discussion
DONE. See:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0132.html
plus thread


2.2 OMG: ODM review

ACTION: Guus to review OWL metamodel
ACTION: Deb to go over OWL metamodel and provide a summary


2.3: DAWG: UNSAID and SOURCE issues

ACTION: Chris to provide input to DAWG based on deployment experience.
ACTION: deb sort SOURCE issue discussion timing out with DanC how you
   like; copy in davidw


2.4 XML Schema Last Call

XML Schema intends to publish its LC shortly around 28 March with a
review period of 4 weeks..
Jeremy Carroll has offered to review this on behalf of SWBPD.


3. TF UPDATE

SWBPD FAQ proposal:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0097.html


3.1 PORT (Alistair)

ACTION: Al to run pubrules checker on SKOS Core Guide ; Ralph will
   help.
ACTION: Alistair to change the wording of the link to "the persistence
   policy at URL http:"
ACTION: Alistair to think about machine-readable change policies
ACTION: Alistair to change the links to examples

SKOS Spec and Guide update:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0146.html

3.1 OEP (Deb/Chris)

ACTION Guus  review of part-whole draft: Simple part-whole relations
   in OWL Ontologies
ACTION: Natasha remove the 'Open issues' from the Status of this
   Document
ACTION: Chris move Classes as Values and Value Partitions to w3.org
ACTION: Evan and Elisa develop criteria for evaluating units and
   measures ontologies
ACTION: Chris to ask Alan to take over the Qualifying Cardinality
   Restrictions Note from Guus

ACTION: Ralph review next version of n-ary relations when it is ready


3.3 WordNet (Aldo)

New documents:
Ontowordnet
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0066.html
WordNet data model:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0068.html
ISLE lexical entries
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0069.html


3.4 XML Schema datatypes (Jeremy)

ACTION: Jeremy to incorporate the comments + pats' comments +
   peterson's comments

New editor's draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0115.html

PROPOSED to publish as 1st Working Draft, including the indicated
   changes
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0160.html


3.5 Vocabulary management (TomB)

ACTION: TomB to post URL to his VM TF slides
DONE


3.6 RDF-in-HTML (Ben)

ACTION: DanBri help write an rdf schema for the additional xhtml2
   namespace elements
ACTION: Gavin find out from his community and contacts if they have
   use cases
ACTION: BenA set a time for the RDF-in-XHTML telecons
ACTION: the rdf in html tf to discuss whether GRIDDL needs to work on
   XHTML2 documents
ACTION: Tom Baker ask DC colleagues if many use rdf inside html


3.7 ADTF (Libby)


3.8 RDFTM (Steve)

ACTION: natasha, davidw review the RDFTM draft before the f2f and post
   to the list
DONE

Editor's draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0161.html

PROPOSED to publish the survey as 1st Working draft

3.9 Tutorial Page (TomA)


3.10 SE TF

ACTION: davidw, ralph read SE document
DONE

ACTION: Phil to update SETF charter in light of new focus for SETF
   draft note

Notes TF telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0128.html


4, AOB

-- 
Free University Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20 598 7739/7718; E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
Received on Wednesday, 23 March 2005 17:09:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:07 UTC