Re: How to state simple facts in RDF

public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org wrote on 06/29/2005 11:48:57 AM:

> * Christopher Welty
> |
> | I don't know anything about topic maps, but it sounds like from your
> | syntactic example:
> |
> | [a] is-bankrupt(barings-bank : company)
> |
> | that you have some notion of "strong typing" (aka "sorts" in logic),
> | that is, there are unary predicates that are somehow more essential
> | than others.
>
> I don't know enough about logic to answer this, but we certainly know
> unambiguously which predicate instances are unary and which ones are
> not.

Obviously we are speaking different languages here.  A predicate is unary
if it takes one argument. In [a] I understood both "is-bankrupt" and
"company" to be unary predicates with some syntactic sugar to make it
easier to express.  If that's not what they are, then what I proposed
won't work.

-Chris