Re: How to state simple facts in RDF

I think Mike's comment identifies the key distinction here.  The
original examples "this case is closed", "this company is bankrupt", and
"this article is a draft", and Mike's examples "my car is red" and "this
food tastes good", have in common that no property name is explicitly
given (unless you count "is").  Using classes, as in rdf:type, attempts
to preserve this "propertyless" syntax, although by using rdf:type as a
sort of generic property.

Generally speaking, you only have two choices here:  you can describe
things has having certain properties and values, or you can describe
things as being members of certain sets.  So you can say either

ex:myCar ex:hasColor "red"  .

or

ex:myCar rdf:type ex:RedThings  .

--Frank