Re: Minutes, 15 December 2008 SVG WG telcon

Hi SVG WG,

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:05:52 +1100
Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> name of SVG Tiny 1.2
>
>    <ChrisL> It has been suggested that Tiny 1.2 should be called Core
>    1.2
>
>    DS: an issue with the name of the SVG Tiny 1.2 spec has come up
>    ... it's been suggested that we name it SVG 1.2 Core, it being the
>    core language that 1.2 modules go on top of

Thank you for taking time to discuss this.

>    ED: we'd have to decide before going to rec. there are 3 more days
>    of AC review?
>    ... after those days what happens?
>
>    DS: planning on publishing on friday

I contacted again with people working on SVG JIS standardization to get
their opinion. They told me that changing the name to SVG Core 1.2 is
still very desirable for them, and they are willing to accept slight
shift (one month or so) of schedule to go REC in order to make this
happen.

I support their opinion and suggest the group to consider rescheduling
the date of REC publication and press release.

--
Jun Fujisawa
<mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>