Re: Closing ACTION-2099

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:32:45 +1000
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Chris Lilley:
> I know. I was offering to create one, as long as someone else modified
> the perl to use that table.

If you make the table, then I can make the script changes.

Cameron McCormack:
> > There’s master/elements.txt and master/properties.txt for element
> > and property definition links.  Someone could make one for the
> > attributes, but this’d need to map (element, attribute) pairs to
> > spec location (possibly with a wildcard for the element, to handle
> > common attributes).
>
> That would be awkward, for an attribute table (lots of links). In
> general i think we have tried to consolidate discussion of a given
> attribute so I planned to link to that discussion.

OK.  It would still be useful to have the links for those attributes
that have a common (or just one) definition.  It’s just be ones like
@width that are problematic.  If the table could disambiguate simple
ones that end up on separate rows, like @rotate for <animateMotion> and
@rotate for <text>, we could handle those.