W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > July to September 2008

Minutes, 9 Sept 2008 SVG WG telcon

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:12:24 +0200
Message-ID: <18410575120.20080909141224@w3.org>
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Hello public-svg-wg,

Minutes are here
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html

and below as text for tracker.

                  SVG Working Group Teleconference

09 Sep 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0255.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          ed, anthony, ChrisL, Doug_Schepers

   Regrets
   Chair
          Erik

   Scribe
          ChrisL

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Publication schedule
         2. [6]Test suite
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <trackbot> Date: 09 September 2008

   <scribe> ScribeNick: ChrisL

   <ed> [8]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/2

      [8] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/2

   ED: looking over the open actions and issues

   DS: ACTION-2155 is done

   close ACTION-2155

   <trackbot> ACTION-2155 Add the keyboard events from DOM 3 Events to
   an SVGT12 appendix closed

   ED: ACTION-2159 had some mail recently about loadEnd

   DS: Those were not on list. Only WG members can post to the list.
   liaisons whould crosspost to www-svg

   ED: Looks like loadEnd is being added, not defined when its
   dispatched, before or after load.

   CL: Is there any downside to defining the order?

   ED: WebApps seems to want it before the load event. Need to check
   current implementations
   ... fine either way
   ... progress event might define it differently, would be a problem

   CL: If there is a risk of conflict with an uncompleted spec, better
   to defer to progress events

   ED: Agree

   <ed>
   [9]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#events__
   ProgressEvent

      [9] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#events__ProgressEvent

   Resolved: leave loadEnd dispach order undefined, add informative
   link to Progress Events

   close ACTION-2159

   <trackbot> ACTION-2159 Do progress event name change to Tiny 1.2
   closed

   ED: ACTION-2164 role attr

   ACTION-2164?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2164 -- Doug Schepers to add 'role' attribute (and
   informative reference to XHTML Role attribute module) and to change
   the content model of the title and desc elements to be text -- due
   2008-08-30 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2164

     [10] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2164

   DS: Feedback is currently being intregrated. role is done, text for
   title and desc is done, algorithm needs work

   ACTION-2174?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2174 -- Erik Dahlström to remove the 'this'
   keyword binding in the 'handler' element, and investigate if the
   execution of the handler content is actually like a Function object
   or if the contents are put in the global scope -- due 2008-08-31 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2174

     [11] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2174

   DS: what about adding rel (and rev? but discouraged) for
   microformats
   ... would not hurt to add it

   ED: Just strings?

   DS; Only allowed on anchors (a elements)

   CL: Would add interop with microformats, but the microformat code
   would still need to be told to look in SVG for microformats

   DS: AUs which already get rel and rev probably dont care on the
   format, they just look for those attributes

   CL: Wonder if their code is depending on span (we have tspan)

   DS: Sloppy software will tolerate the attributes not being on a
   given tag, just looking for attributes.
   ... good point of convergence with HTML
   ... might also help with RDFa
   ... RDFa is less verbose, too, than RDF/XML

   CL: In favour of adding rel and rev

   ED: Impact on spec?

   DS: Same description as HTML 4 (or 5) and add example taking into
   account microformats

   CL: IG might like to discuss microformats in SVG

   Resolved: Add rel and rev to the SVG a element

   CL: Since we have xlink:title and also the title element (for
   machine readable content) so there isn't the overlap

   (discussion on hint element and aria roles)

   <scribe> ACTION: Doug to add rel and rev to the svg 'a' element
   [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2185 - Add rel and rev to the svg 'a'
   element [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-09-16].

   ACTION-2121?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2121 -- Chris Lilley to respond to Julien on
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0151.html re
   getURL -- due 2008-07-31 -- OPEN

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0151.html

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2121

     [14] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2121

   look here /SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#svg__SVGGlobal

   <ed>
   [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#svg__SV
   GGlobal

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#svg__SVGGlobal

   A.8.21 AsyncURLStatus

   compare with
   [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/#text-response-entity-body

     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/#text-response-entity-body

   ED: fine with a clarification as log as its in sync with XHR

   ACTION-2121: Change spec to clarify its not just text/*, not just
   HTTP, and use the specified encoding

   <trackbot> ACTION-2121 Respond to Julien on
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0151.html re
   getURL notes added

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0151.html

   ED: Do the commit and we can discuss if its not right

   ACTION-2099?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2099 -- Chris Lilley to review the corrections to
   the mistakes in the attribute index and report back -- due
   2008-07-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2099

     [18] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2099

   ID is in twice, the Perl needs to be modified

   CL: I am happy t make the table of links to attr definitions, id
   Anthony fixes the Perl

   ED: This can be done during last call

   <scribe> ACTION: Anthony revise tools/tables/maketables.pl to add
   attribute definition links and fix duplicate id entry [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2186 - Revise tools/tables/maketables.pl
   to add attribute definition links and fix duplicate id entry [on
   Anthony Grasso - due 2008-09-16].

   close ACTION-2099

   <trackbot> ACTION-2099 Review the corrections to the mistakes in the
   attribute index and report back closed

   close ACTION-2174

   <trackbot> ACTION-2174 Remove the 'this' keyword binding in the
   'handler' element, and investigate if the execution of the handler
   content is actually like a Function object or if the contents are
   put in the global scope closed

   ACTION-2174?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2174 -- Erik Dahlström to remove the 'this'
   keyword binding in the 'handler' element, and investigate if the
   execution of the handler content is actually like a Function object
   or if the contents are put in the global scope -- due 2008-08-31 --
   CLOSED

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2174

     [20] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2174

   ED: More useful to keep the behaviour in the spec, ikivo implemented
   per spec, so better to leave it as is
   ... ACTION-2148 depends on HTML WG

   ACTION-2148?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2148 -- Doug Schepers to take up ISSUE-2031 with
   the HTML WG -- due 2008-08-28 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2148

     [21] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2148

   DS: Will talk to Hixie about this

Publication schedule

   DS: On track for this friday publication. Please ensure actions
   done. Jules confirmed Friday publication. 4 week last call.
   ... moratorium before TPAC and also PLH said no way to get w3m
   processing right before TPAC so he suggests it be discussed during
   TPAC
   ... Doug and Chris can do it in person that way, too
   ... so publish after TPAC
   ... for press activity, be aware that Thanksgiving in there. Ian
   Jacobs, head of comms said that a press release is ok for Rec
   ... press release expected to be helpful for implementors and users
   ... will check with the JIS people

   AG: JIS contacted me before this telcon, happy with that schedule
   and will do Japanese translation during November

   DS: Also contacting JSR-287 folks about this

Test suite

   AG: Patches mostly complete
   ... one more day for Andrew and I to complete
   ... adressing issues on the wii as we go
   ... comparing refs against opera, biftflash and batick. updating
   patches as needed.

   <anthony>
   [22]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/text-fonts-04-t.svg

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/text-fonts-04-t.svg

   AG: this test here has a problem

   <anthony> status="accepted"

   <anthony> approved="no"

   CL: Unchanged form 1.1, should be approved, description is good

   <anthony>
   [23]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/text-align-202-t.sv
   g

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/text-align-202-t.svg

   AG: also this one

   <anthony> [24]http://members.iinet.net.au/~ossarga/text-align-202-t/

     [24] http://members.iinet.net.au/~ossarga/text-align-202-t/

   inkscape is correct

   but I want to check with someone that knows arabic

   ED: So publishing the spec by friday

   DS: Better to have a dated version so implementors know what they
   tested against

   CL: Need to check with no keyword substitution

   <scribe> ACTION: Chris ensure test suite published on Friday
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2187 - Ensure test suite published on
   Friday [on Chris Lilley - due 2008-09-16].

   DS: rev is deprecated, maybee just add rel not rev

   <scribe> ACTION: Chris ask Tantek for advice on adding rev [recorded
   in [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2188 - Ask Tantek for advice on adding rev
   [on Chris Lilley - due 2008-09-16].

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Anthony revise tools/tables/maketables.pl to add
   attribute definition links and fix duplicate id entry [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Chris ask Tantek for advice on adding rev [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Chris ensure test suite published on Friday [recorded
   in [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Doug to add rel and rev to the svg 'a' element
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     ___________________

-- 
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:chris@w3.org
 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG
Received on Tuesday, 9 September 2008 12:13:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:09 UTC