Re: uDOM changes for Global/AbstractView/etc.

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:48:26 +0200
To: "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mcc.id.au>, public-svg-wg@w3.org

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 05:50:02 +0200, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> For those of you who wanted to review the changes to the uDOM chapter
> relating to the global object, I’ve committed them now.  See the
> following sections:
>
>   A.4.6 Window
>   http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#dom__Window
>
>   A.5 Module: views
>   http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#views
>
>   A.8.19 SVGGlobal
>   http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#svg__SVGGlobal

Looks fine, but I have one comment:

Looking ahead a bit, this would mean that SVGDocument::global is made equivalent to DocumentView::defaultView for 1.2 full/core, right? If so, then this is basically the same as deprecating SVGDocument::global, which seems a bit odd. Is it at all possible to align this so that a user agent that already supports DOM 2 Views can avoid having to add 'global'?

Cheers
/Erik