W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > July to September 2008

Minutes, SVG telcon Thursday 14 August 2008

From: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:10:47 +1000
Message-ID: <48A420C7.3070802@cisra.canon.com.au>
To: W3C SVG Public Working Group <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html

---

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

14 Aug 2008

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0155.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           aemmons, Doug_Schepers, anthony

    Regrets
           Chris, Cameron, Erik

    Chair
           Andrew

    Scribe
           Andrew / Anthony

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Test coverage
          2. [6]Marathon Telcon
          3. [7]F2F Agenda
          4. [8]Issue 2021
          5. [9]Issue 2016
          6. [10]Issue 2009
          7. [11]Issue 333
          8. [12]Test Fest
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 14 August 2008

    <aemmons> Scribe: Andrew / Anthony

Test coverage

    AE: I'll edit the wiki table

    <aemmons>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage#preview

      [14] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage#preview

    <aemmons> [15]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage

      [15] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage

    AG: Link to the test suite was wrong
    ... can I update the wiki and respond back?

    DS: Yes

    AE: Risk of putting the link in the Wiki is it's just a snap shot
    ... it's all working progress
    ... should reiterate that there are bugs in it

    [16]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/archives/W3C_SVG
    _12_TinyTestSuite.tar.gz

      [16] 
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/archives/W3C_SVG_12_TinyTestSuite.tar.gz

    AG: That's the tar file I made for the release in France

    DS: We could make a new tar and put it some where
    ... but we'll make a lot of changes at the F2F

    AE: I wouldn't make a new ZIP unless it's an official release
    ... the thing is we're not there yet
    ... so I wouldn't want to make a release
    ... we can put that up and also a link to the CVS repository

    <shepazu>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_Overview

      [17] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_Overview

    AE: That link is a good place to put the public archive

    <shepazu> [18]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/

      [18] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/

    AE: for the SVG directoy of the test suite

    DS: I guess I should put the link both places
    ... just trying to see where that is linked from
    ... On the front page of the group it links to that page.

    AE: But it should probably link to the wiki page instead

    DS: It's a pain to manage to resources

    AE: Should probably redirect it

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to Redirect SVG/Test to the test suite
    overview on the wiki [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2125 - Redirect SVG/Test to the test suite
    overview on the wiki [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-08-21].

    <aemmons> [20]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage

      [20] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage

    AE: It was fairly big
    ... but it's getting smaller and smaller
    ... we did a run time sync
    ... and I also did some move focus

    DS: Then there are only a few left

    AE: I'd be comfortable submitting that even with a few missing
    ... We have great coverage
    ... just focus on fixing the errors

Marathon Telcon

    AE: Not sure we've done one this summer
    ... but it had limited success because of the regrets
    ... action leader board is about the same
    ... I've done most of mine

F2F Agenda

    DS: Should be focusing on test suite and edit actions on the spec

    <aemmons> The Nuremburg F2F meeting will hosted by Examotion, and
    will take place at their offices at insert address. Wireless and
    wired network connectivity and video projectors will be made
    available

    AE: Probably wont have time to do other things

    AG: will we have time to talk about modules?

    AE: Maybe a quickly in the morning
    ... only very briefly

    DS: We're coming up on SVG Open so we should have something to tell
    them about that
    ... but I agree not much focus

    <aemmons> [21]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2021

      [21] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2021

Issue 2021

    DS: can't see where the 100 comes from
    ... don't really know how to solve this

    AE: And both people who were discussing this are not here
    ... so we should wait for them
    ... my comment is though we shouldn't make any hasty changes
    ... unless we are really confident

    <aemmons> [22]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2016

      [22] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2016

Issue 2016

    AE: I like the proposed change
    ... it makes sense

    DS: Fine with me

    <scribe> ACTION: Emmons to make the change proposed in Issue2016
    [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2126 - Make the change proposed in
    Issue2016 [on Andrew Emmons - due 2008-08-21].

    <aemmons> [24]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2009

      [24] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2009

Issue 2009

    DS: We had a talk about this
    ... and I had an action to talk to someone
    ... it's not resolved so not sure what to do

    AE: If you have an action you can close the issue

    <aemmons> [25]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/track/issues/333

      [25] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/track/issues/333

Issue 333

    AE: In one email Cameron said to discuss it in his absence
    ... we did discuss this in April 10
    ... Doug you had an action to propose something

    DS: I thought this was going to be for full only
    ... it is something Cameron and I can do at the F2F

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to talk to the team about moving specific
    issues over from the old tacker to the new one [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2127 - Talk to the team about moving
    specific issues over from the old tacker to the new one [on Doug
    Schepers - due 2008-08-21].

    DS: I'm just wondering if it's worth the energy to do this
    ... when we can put the time to completing the issues
    ... I'll find out how easy it is

    AE: Even if we had an action in the new tracker that says to
    complete
    ... and action in the old tracker

    <shepazu>
    [27]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/OttawaF2F2008

      [27] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/OttawaF2F2008

Test Fest

    DS: I've made a rego form for the Test Fest

    AE: Registration form is for only members?

    DS: Only members can respond
    ... but I can extend it so public can respond

    AE: Have the option to say if they are going to be there in person
    ... or if they are going to submit an implementation

    DS: Ok so anyone can fill in this form

    AE: Should also have a drop down form to say "brining an
    implementation or submitting an implementation"

    <discussion on what question to put on submission form>

    DS: Anything else to add let me know

    AE: If you can email the public list with the link

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to Redirect SVG/Test to the test suite overview
    on the wiki [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to talk to the team about moving specific issues
    over from the old tacker to the new one [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Emmons to make the change proposed in Issue2016
    [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([32]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/08/14 11:53:31 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [33]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/sutie/suite/
Succeeded: s/F2F/Test Fest/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: anthony
Found Scribe: Andrew / Anthony
Default Present: aemmons, Doug_Schepers, anthony
Present: aemmons Doug_Schepers anthony
Regrets: Chris Cameron Erik
Agenda: [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSe
p/0155.html
Found Date: 14 Aug 2008
Guessing minutes URL: [35]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: doug emmons

      [34] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0155.html
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-svg-minutes.html

    End of [36]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 14 August 2008 12:11:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:09 UTC