Re: social-ISSUE-28: Remodel "Connect" and "FriendRequest" or Remove them?

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 18:09:55 +0200
To: Social Web Working Group <public-socialweb@w3.org>
CC: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, Evan Prodromou <evan@e14n.com>
On 03/24/2015 09:11 PM, Social Web Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
> social-ISSUE-28: Remodel "Connect" and "FriendRequest" or Remove them?
>
> http://www.w3.org/Social/track/issues/28
>
> Raised by: James Snell
> On product:
>
> See: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2015Mar/0165.html
>
> Right now, the vocabulary includes the terms "Connect" and "FriendRequest" as types of Activity. Most existing systems, however, tend to model these as nouns (e.g. I'm creating a Connection, I'm listing my Friends, etc). We should either remodel these within the core vocabulary or remove them from the core vocabulary. Removing them would give us a chance to provide a more complete treatment of relationships/connections within a separate Note (as an extension to the core vocabulary).

This looks to me similar to ISSUE-27
"How do we represent changes to a profile in an activity"
https://www.w3.org/Social/track/issues/27

PROPOSAL: Rename ISSUE-27 to more generic and close this one as
duplicate. Possible name for generic issue:
"How ActivityStreams (journal, log) fits more general Social Data Model?"