social-ISSUE-28: Remodel "Connect" and "FriendRequest" or Remove them?

From: Social Web Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:11:46 +0000
To: public-socialweb@w3.org
social-ISSUE-28: Remodel "Connect" and "FriendRequest" or Remove them?

http://www.w3.org/Social/track/issues/28

Raised by: James Snell
On product:

See: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2015Mar/0165.html

Right now, the vocabulary includes the terms "Connect" and "FriendRequest" as types of Activity. Most existing systems, however, tend to model these as nouns (e.g. I'm creating a Connection, I'm listing my Friends, etc). We should either remodel these within the core vocabulary or remove them from the core vocabulary. Removing them would give us a chance to provide a more complete treatment of relationships/connections within a separate Note (as an extension to the core vocabulary).