Re: Activity Streams 2.0 Test Suite

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:50:42 +0100
To: public-socialweb@w3.org

On 03/16/2015 05:24 PM, James M Snell wrote:
> All, one of the items we're going to need to move forward on Activity
> Streams 2.0 completion is a Test Suite. Unfortunately I do not have
> the free cycles at the moment to work on it myself. We need someone to
> step up and volunteer to begin working on this item. What I imagine,
> at this point, is that the test will essentially amount to a validator
> -- validating that the output generated by an implementation is
> correct and validating that the implementation can properly roundtrip
> correct input or fail appropriately on incorrect input.

Note we don't need to work on a test-suite till we exit Candidate
Recommendation, which I don't believe we're near yet :) So while we can
discuss what would like in such a test-suite, it seems a bit premature
unless someone has the time to code up a validator real quick.

See here:
http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#implementation-experience

Focus show now be probably on implementing AS 2.0 and seeing if any
products and users want/need various features.

  cheers,
     harry