Re: process request -- was: Using a Smart Client

> On 8 Mar 2015, at 15:27, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:

> AFAIK you can invite RRSAgent any time to #social IRC channel and

>>> They are subscribed to the mailing list and attend calls.
>>> However, I don't think there's any part of W3C process that
>>> requires WG members to respond to every email they get. I suggest
>>> that you try to chat with them over IRC as well, and we can raise
>>> this issue on the next telecon.

>> added to
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-03-10#Additional_Agenda_Items
>>

> Yes, it's important that everyone have their voices heard. It's normal
> in W3C to use IRC and a wiki in addition to email. I do agree its a
> problem when folks get "out of sync" with communication tools, which
> is why weekly telecons are important.

It's not about hearing voices. It's about dialog:  if the channels
are split it cannot be a group discussion, so that we cannot really
be transformed by the process. Also if you wish to have all the
discussions on the one organised teleconference, then I'd suggest you
make a request to extend the Working Group's life by another 5 or 6
years, because the bandwidth on that channel is very low, short, and
often noisy, with people loosing connections, etc... There are the
working group meetings but not everyone is attending those either
and they only happen twice a year.

For the moment btw, I don't really know if Tantek really would be
online and answer if I call him there. That was just Elf's suggestion.
But in any case the problem goes beyond this particular case.

>         cheers,
>              harry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/