Re: process request -- was: Using a Smart Client

On 03/08/2015 03:40 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:

> AFAIK you can invite RRSAgent any time to #social IRC channel and

> Yes, it's important that everyone have their voices heard. It's normal
> in W3C to use IRC and a wiki in addition to email. I do agree its a
> problem when folks get "out of sync" with communication tools, which
> is why weekly telecons are important.
>
>> It's not about hearing voices. It's about dialog:  if the channels
>> are split it cannot be a group discussion, so that we cannot really
>> be transformed by the process. Also if you wish to have all the
>> discussions on the one organised teleconference, then I'd suggest you
>> make a request to extend the Working Group's life by another 5 or 6
>> years, because the bandwidth on that channel is very low, short, and
>> often noisy, with people loosing connections, etc... There are the
>> working group meetings but not everyone is attending those either
>> and they only happen twice a year.

Most other Working Group uses a mixture of wiki, IRC, and mailing lists
and increasingly bugzilla/github (rather than mailing lists, although in
W3C I prefer to have bugzilla comments archived to the mailing list,
which we can rather easily do).

>> For the moment btw, I don't really know if Tantek really would be
>> online and answer if I call him there. That was just Elf's suggestion.
>> But in any case the problem goes beyond this particular case.

Again, we cannot make people agree. At W3C, we can provide a space for
dialogue. I have found in general tantek is very responsive in IRC.