Re: [presentation-api] Allow page to designate a default presentation URL

From: Anton Vayvod via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:22:01 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
Hey everyone,

as I'd like to implement this bit of the API in Chrome, I'd like to
try to get a consensus on the thread [1] and add the result to the
spec if possible. As I see it, the viable extra specification would
consist of two parts:

1) <link rel="presentation-url" href="..."/> and <link
rel="presentation-id" href="..."/> to allow the page to define and
change the default presentation URL and id to be used by the UA in the
 UA-initiated-session scenario; basically any external user action
that might start a presentation (e.g. clicking the present button in
UA toolbar, tapping on an NFC tag, etc) would be equivalent to the
page calling startSession(presentationUrl, presentationId) with the
values from the <link> tags.

2) Upon successful connection and session initialization,
|navigator.presentation.defaultsessionstart| event would be fired by
the UA to all pages with the matching <presentation-url,
presentation-id> pair containing the PresentationSession object
allowing the page to communicate with the initiated session:

[
    Constructor(DOMString type, optional DefaultSessionStartEventInit
eventInitDict)
] interface DefaultSessionStartEvent : Event {
    readonly attribute PresentationSession session;
};

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Anton.

[1] This was discussed in November last year, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webscreens/2014Nov/0007.html

--
GitHub Notif of comment by avayvod
See