Re: [presentation-api] Allow page to designate a default presentation URL

From: Anssi Kostiainen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:17:13 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
Since the `presentation` attribute is defined as readonly in WebIDL,
assignments to it are ignored. So that is not a concern.

    partial interface Navigator {
      readonly attribute NavigatorPresentation presentation;
    };

The concern is (as @avayvod noted) that if there are web sites out
there that are using a global variable named `presentation` (fair to
assume so) those would break in UAs that would implement this API if
`presentation` is expose on `window`.

If we'd move to global, we should rename `presentation` to something
less generic. Unless there are technical limitations in using
`navigator` for retaining per-frame state I think sticking with
`navigator` would be preferred. My expectation is @avayvod will
investigate this.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by anssiko